Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!


I hope you all had a great Christmas and a really Happy New Year!


Look what´s been hiding under my Christmastree. Approaching the end of the year I fulfilled a big dream of mine. The construction of a “real easy-to-do” roto-casting machine.

Searching for new ideas apart from rotating frames I tried to build a roto-caster with simplest expenditure. So, one day sneaking a hardware store I found a DIY-stool wich would perfectly fit to my ideas of a simple roto machine.

 The second point was the rather complicated rotation mechanism within most roto-casters. So, I ordered two barbecue-motors for separated rotations.

With two stools put together with a little bit of fantasy, screws and some hook-and-loop-tape I finally finished my first roto-caster. And imagine, it really works. Being so happy for the results I  immediately made some new molds for a new Roto-Cavy prototype.

I hope I could show you some new alternatives for maybe your own future roto-caster!

Now, have a great New Year, all of you!

Mathias

No comments:

Post a Comment